Monday, September 26, 2011

Music is Passion


Music is a big part of my life, and is something I play and hear every day. I like all kinds of music, but I really like the music produced in a guitar. I like all these genres where they use guitar, like metal, rock, neo-classic, and shredding. Playing guitar turned a part of me and I used to play almost every day, learn new things, and compose new songs of my own.

It all started with my brother, he wanted to learn a new instrument and he bought a guitar and told our neighbor to teach him how to play, because he was a really experienced and good player. I remember the first class; I sneaked in the room and looked how my brother was learning to play the guitar. When I saw the class I knew that I wanted to play the guitar too so I told my mother I wanted guitar classes too. My first class came and it all went great. My teacher was even surprised, and I told him that I had seen the class with my brother and I memorized the songs and all he had thought my brother. Classes continued and I started to like more and more playing guitar that it turned a hobby and I played because I liked learning new songs, and I started making my own songs and rhythms.

Time was passing and I was starting to get better, and the classes were turning more interesting, because my friend (teacher) was teaching me harder techniques. These techniques were played by shredders, and I really liked how they play. Shredding can be described as guitar players who play fast; they make their own rhythms, and play different solos that combine different scales and notes to make great sounds that are similar to the metal music solos. Some of my big influences in my style of playing are Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Paul Gilbert, Timo Tolkki, Jason Becker, Michael Angelo Batio, Eddie Van Halen, Buckethead, and a lot more. One of my favorite genres is neo-classic, and some of the guitarists I mentioned play that genre. This genre is classis music played like metal in guitar and with some of the guitarist style modifications that they make to the music.

I started playing in my school with other friends in a band, playing covers in the talent tours and other opportunities we had to play in front of the school. Playing guitar helped me knowing new artists, which in the time were not very known, but I had different preferences from almost all the people that where and into reggaeton and other kinds of music. Playing guitar helped me know new friends that played guitar, or had the same preferences in music, it took me to different places which other players gathered and we played guitar, compose new things, and share our different styles and knowledge.

Playing guitar is part of my life and is something I won’t forget, because it is and art you learn for life. You can express your feelings, thoughts, or simply a new idea in music, grab your guitar and enter the peaceful and rare world of music. I hear music every day, and it relaxes me, and can change my state of humor immediately depending on what kind of music I hear. In time I’ve started to hear different types of music, but not leaving guitar music apart. Reggae music is one of my favorite genres; it is very relaxing and is a join of different genres including rock, and guitar essential in this music.

Music is part of my life, and I am really happy I am part of the world of music, and will hear it for the rest of my life because it’s one of my favorite activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment